The Heaths or Fishers

14 Welsh Street

1770? – 1818?

This name appears in Powis Estate Rent Books pre-1771, with Admiral Coates as tenant and occupied by William Thomas. The name is puzzling, it may refer to previous occupiers, or be a corruption of another name. Later Rent books describe it as “Heaths or Fishers, now the Crown Inn” and later “Heaths or Fishers, late the Crown Inn”, with John Cotes Esq. and Edward Corbett paying 8p rent each Michaelmas up to 1818.

See also The Old Crown.

Open standalone map in fullscreen modeCreate QR code image for standalone map in fullscreen modeExport as GeoRSS
The Old Crown Inn

loading map - please wait...

The Old Crown Inn 52.495095, -2.999474 The Old Crown InnAKA The Heaths or Fishers